Location: Seattle, WA
The National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children fulfills society’s most fundamental obligation by making sure a qualified and compassionate adult will fight for and protect an abused or neglected child’s best interests. The mission of National CASA/GAL, together with its state and local members, is to support and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused or neglected child can be safe, establish permanence and have the opportunity to thrive. Today, only 45% of the abused or neglected children in the system have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer. The National CASA/GAL organization is committed to ensuring 100% of these children have access to a CASA volunteer.
Breaking New Ground
In 2019, National CASA/GAL launched a multi-year campaign, “Change a Child’s Story”. The campaign is an integrated campaign designed to reach out to a wide range of constituent groups and was deployed across a wide spectrum of media. In addition to this campaign, National CASA/GAL has developed a new strategic framework that is informing and guiding our efforts through a major reorganization, development of a new business model, and a plan for the future direction of our organization, including the launching of a major capital campaign. The leadership team that will drive these changes will be hands on leaders, critical thinkers and problem solvers, relationship builders, collaborative decision-makers, as well as effective communicators, and entrepreneurial and change leaders.
The Chief Marketing Officer’s primary responsibility will be to create innovative marketing strategies that will build the brand, increase awareness, volunteer engagement and revenue in support of the CASA/GAL mission. The CMO will develop strategies to generate revenue and increase volunteers and ambassadors through successful marketing campaigns across a broad spectrum of marketing channels, utilizing market research, business modeling, marketing communications, advertising and public relations. The CMO will be responsible for overall strategic direction, leadership, execution and management of all marketing and revenue generating strategies designed to broaden awareness and support of National CASA/GAL and its mission. This position will forge partnerships and alliances that will enable National CASA/GAL to expand its reach, diversify giving channels and increase resources. The CMO will lead the marketing staff.
The Chief Marketing Officer partners closely with the CEO and Deputy CEO to plan marketing and fundraising strategies that will ensure a strong future for the CASA/GAL network and positives outcomes for children. Collaborate with other c-suite leaders in the organization.
The Chief Marketing Officer will report directly to the Deputy CEO
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan and ROI model to advance the revenue goals of the organization; increase volunteer engagement and broaden awareness of CASA/GAL programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences and digital properties.
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that result in better cultivation and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including key influencers, partners, and donors.
- Develops a corporate sponsorship, co-branding and cause-related marketing strategies to engage more corporations and establish partnerships and engagement in the work that we do at the national, state and local levels.
- Establish a best-in-class web presence that drives organizational impact, donations and volunteer support, and supports aggressive fundraising and awareness growth goals.
- Create an impactful social media presence that empowers stakeholders to spread mission
- Develop innovative campaigns that increase advocates, ambassadors and supporters of the work
- Develop and leverage powerful donor and influencer networks to create a lead generation for Development.
- Partner with Development to create a solid plan to reach Major and Small Gift Donors that reflects segmentation, targeting and value proposition development.
- Mastermind and execute innovative stakeholder communications strategies to educate and inform current supporters about activities and accomplishments.
- Lead execution of the organization’s fundraising strategy, successfully growing revenue and supporter base meeting organizational goals
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 15+ years’ experience with significant role in marketing and fundraising in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or for profit organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong strategic, creative and business acumen resulting in the advancement of the goals and objectives of an organization
- Superior communication and leadership skills with a proven track record in developing and implementing successful marketing, volunteer recruitment and fundraising campaigns
- Significant evidence of success in generating revenue for an organization
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Exceptional analytical skills applied to market segmentation and maximizing ROIs
- Significant experience leading diverse teams to execute well, work collaboratively and continually innovate. Track record of delivering superior results while earning respect of others
- Demonstrated diplomacy in working with diverse cultures, audiences, sensitive situations and subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high-level presentation skills, in addition to excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills including influencing, leading, negotiation and delegation skills
Salary and Benefits
National CASA/GAL offers a competitive salary, health and welfare benefits, and generous paid leave including vacation and sick leave. This is a full-time exempt position.
Adaptability ◦ Collaboration ◦ Integrity ◦ Respect ◦ Quality ◦ Service ◦ Stewardship
National CASA/GAL is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with a second office in Washington D.C. and is committed to an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. National CASA/GAL has been certified by the Standards for Excellence Institute for ethics and accountability in the nonprofit sector.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line of Chief Marketing Officer.
National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children
100 WEST HARRISON, NORTH TOWER, SUITE 500, SEATTLE, WA 98119
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER